You have opinions on how to raise your children and who you want to raise them if you can’t. Don’t leave the choice of naming guardians to a judge or fighting family members. A judge cannot know your thoughts and desires. A judge can only see who looks best on paper.
Even if you don’t feel like you have a perfect choice (few people do) your naming guardians is better than a judge’s guess.
Even worse, if more than one family member thinks they should be the one to take care of your children, the family members could go to court to get custody. Your children’s interests will not served by the fighting or wasting money on litigation.
Our firm helps you to prepare a comprehensive plan to take care of your children if something happened to you, addressing the short-term and long-term, as well as providing guidance to your chosen guardians on how you want your kids raised.
In the meantime, you can name guardians for free with our online tool.
It’s pretty easy! Here’s what you can expect:
- Enter your name and email.
- Enter information about yourself and your children.
- Enter information about the people you choose to be their guardians.
- The legal document (a one to two page PDF) will be generated and sent to your email address.
- Print the document and, in front of witnesses, sign it.
If you have any questions or need help, feel free to give us a call!